Monday, February 15, 2010


Getting the energy moving early in the year is a good thing, especially when the unexpected happens. In 2009 I helped start a charter school. In 2010 I found myself unemployed. Being someone who enjoys her security I wasn't too thrilled with the situation, at least not at first.

After spending some time thinking about everything I came to the conclusion that my experience had taught me a great deal and that the knowledge was invaluable. I also realized that I had yet another opportunity to focus on something I wanted to do, an old dream reborn as a new goal.

One of my favorite tools for setting the energy to attract a number of things into my life is a manifesting map. If you look in Crafting a Magical Life you will see the manifesting map I made for 2009. The one for 2010 has some of the same items to reinforce ongoing goals and also some new additions to support new goals and new directions.

This year my big focus is on writing. I love to write and enjoy producing all kinds of written materials. But my secret dream, since I was in high school, has been to write novels. Even though I felt a bit insecure, I stepped up and put what I wanted on my manifesting map for 2010. This year I desire to be involved in work that is engaging and fun, pays really well, and also allows me free time to write. So, when I planned my map I used the energy of the bagua, placed items in the areas governed by the areas of the bagua, and used the appropriate colors to support and magnify the energy. I paid particular attention to the fame and fortune section (top, red), the career area (bottom, black) and my friends and helpful people section (bottom right, gray, with orange streaks for enthusiasm and motivation). You may notice that I put my own picture in my friend corner. I did that on purpose because I want to remember to be a good friend to myself, and treat myself well.

I keep my manifesting map on the wall above my writing desk so that every time I pass by or sit down to write I see it and am reminded that I am a powerful manifester and that I create my own reality. It will be interesting to see how all of the things I am working on unfold over the course of the year.

If you want to learn how to make your own manifesting map the instructions are in Chapter 3 of Crafting a Magical Life. This is a project that you can really pour your energy into, and one that can really help you focus your intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment